CF-188 Hornet - Battle of Britain Scheme
In 2015, Hornet 188761 was repainted in World War 2 style camouflage and markings to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of Canada's participation in the Battle of Britain.
These decals feature screen printed tail murals of Winston Churchill and F/L G.R. McGregor,
as well as BoB era unit codes and roundels, and false 'wing guns'.
Set includes all stencil and warning markings applicable to this
- Tail murals screen printed using fine half tones
- All maintenance and warning markings applicable to this aircraft
- Main landing gear decals
- Ejection seat warning placard
- Slime lights
- Although not used during demonstrations, this set also includes markings for the 3 underwing fuel tanks
- Tail art designed to fit the 1:48 Hasegawa F-18A kit however
graphics are separated in such a way as to make them more easily
adjusted to potentially fit other kits
- All colours matched to paint samples provided by the RCAF
1:48 - The Hasegawa F-18A/C boxing #07250 is recommended as it includes all the parts required to build a CF-18A++ aircraft.
1:32 - The Academy F-18A boxing #12107 or Kinetic #K3204 is recommended as either includes the parts required to build a CF-18A++ aircraft.
Proudly Printed in Canada by Canuck Model Products.
Source artwork for this, and other schemes, reproduced with permission of the DND/CAF.
Special thank you to Mr. Richard Girouard,
Dan McWilliams, and members of CFB Bagotville for their gracious help.
1:48 scale decal sheet shown.